Is it your first time to create a site? If you are planning to do it on your own since you know a little about web designing, then you should consider working with a great web hosting company. There are many of them as of late, so choosing wisely should be taken for consideration. To make sure that you will get the best of your money, you have to do your homework and take time to study the pros and cons of a certain company before making your decision. Yes, this might be hard and can be time consuming, but it will be worth it all in the end.
Definitely, the first thing that you should do is to search for a few great companies. Two of them are GoDaddy and Wpengine. The question is, which is better and why? Though these are both considered great by many customers, still, there is a need for you to do a comparison on GoDaddy vs Wpengine to determine which is best for you and your budget. Here are some important factors that you can consider.
- Customer service: GoDaddy is also known as the company that never sleeps because they are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. You can call them anytime you want and they will be happy to answer you. Moreover, when you are to call them, you can expect someone to answer the phone in less than 2 minutes.
- Price: Despite the great feedbacks and feature of the company, still, they did not make their prices expensive. In fact, the prices they offer are much more affordable as compared to others. Their Managed VPS Hosting costs $50 per month, the Shared Hosting costs $20 per month and the Developer VPS Hosting costs $30 per month, but you need to try these promo codes.
- Employees: Accordingly, the employees of this company are amazing mainly because they had gone a strict employment process before they were hired. Before an employee can get hired, he/she must pass first the written competency test that will be prepared by the company and in this test, no book or any resource material is allowed and it takes around 2 hours to finish it.
- Customer service: Unfortunately, contacting Wpengine is not that easy because they are available only from 9am – 6pm CST and thus, you can’t always depend on them when it comes to such matter. Their customer service representatives who are available 24/7 are addressing emergency issues only. When you are an international customer, you will need to take a look at their contact page to get the phone number you need to contact. You can contact them via email though, when your concern is not that important.
- Price: The hosting plans offered by this company are a bit expensive, though all of them include unlimited data transfer. The Personal plan costs $29 per month, the Professional plan costs $99 per month, the Business plan costs $249 per month and for the Premium plan, price will be supplied if you will contact them. Despite such prices, there are still a lot of people who are opting for such company because of the 60-day money back guarantee that they offer.
- Employees: The people working for this company are all knowledgeable about WordPress, in spite of the task that they do.
There is indeed a huge difference between GoDaddy and Wpengine when it comes to their price and customer service, but when it comes to their features, they almost have the same. Another thing which makes them comparable is that when a customer pays his/her desired plan for a year or when a customer has subscribed to a yearly plan, he/she will get 2 months for free, thus, helping him/her save money.
It might be hard for you to choose amongst these two. If you don’t have enough money to pay for such expensive hosting plans, then you might choose GoDaddy. However, when the price and customer service are not that important to you, then you can opt for Wpengine. Even when its hosting plans are expensive, still, you will not lose money in the end because you can get a refund when you decide to cancel your plan within their guarantee period. So, with these said, it is then up to you to choose which company to use.